Naturally I took my knitting on vacation: some WIP and the materials for some new projects. I finished an entirely new project, the light taupe sweater and bonnet you see above. I like the way it looks, but it will be much better after blocking and buttons. I made it out of two balls of Paton’s Bamboo Silk yarn, some of the yarn I found on sale at Jo-Ann’s.
The teal (and now, mustard) project is going to be a baby cardigan and hat with a pattern of ducks. I had to make the chart myself as I couldn’t find one that would work for me. It will require more yarn than I have so I will have to pick up a skein of the teal (it’s Cascade 220 superwash wool sport, leftover from a sweater I made myself) after we get home. I think it should be cute.