Yesterday at the thrift store I saw some faded flannel receiving blankets…marked $2 each!! Outrageous! I told the lady there that they were WAY overpriced and she let me have them for a quarter apiece. I got six for $1.50. :c) MUCH better.
Today I took two of the smaller ones and cut them into quarters. Using some other flannel (blue plaid that looked nothing like a girl and some pink remnants too small for diapers) I made inserts and then put the inserts in the diapers to make prefolds. Voila! (Tutorial here)
|8 more prefolds done – these are smaller|
|about 11 x 13 inches|
I don’t have a serger (serious fantasy) but I zig-zagged the ends to keep the bulk low. I’ll just keep making eight or so every other day and I’ll have a big stash before long! Now I have to figure out diaper covers…