I am very confused…
Canada’s doctors have decided that a human being doesn’t become a human being until after birth. “Delegates to the Canadian Medical Association’s annual general council
voted on the motion so as to prevent what they called a “backdoor”
attempt to reopen the abortion debate. They voted to pass, says a CMA report
on the meeting, “a resolution supporting the current wording of the
Criminal Code [currently under debate for rewording] which states that a child ‘becomes a human being within
the meaning of this Act when it has completely proceeded, in a living
state, from the body of its mother…’”
So what is it beforehand? A kitten? A Butterick pattern? Mysterious ectoplasm? The implications of this are quite something. This would mean that:
- Some human beings become human beings before others. (i.e. – “preemies”)
- All of the warnings on drugs and on cigarrettes and alcohol about not using them while pregnant are meaningless. No one cares what happens to ectoplasm.
- All of the advertising for baby items directed at pregnant women is
false advertising because you can’t assume she will give birth to a
human being. It might be a parakeet.
- Are babies who are stillborn never human (if one of the requirements to be human is to be alive)? And if not, what are they?
- By the same token, do you stop being human once you die? Do we then call into question all of the laws requiring corpses to be treated with dignity?
- If someone kidnaps a pregnant woman, the shock inducing her labor causing her to deliver a stillborn infant…is he guilty of anything other than kidnapping?
The list could go on and on.
These people are idiots, plain and simple.