I rummaged through my fabric and grabbed some remnants. I cut out reasonable size squares/rectangles (The shape of the remnant dictated the size – who said they all have to be the same? Sometimes smaller is better.) and cut out matching squares/rectangles from the logo-free parts of the t-shirts. I stitched around the perimeter, right sides together, leaving a three to four inch gap. Then I trimmed the excess, turned it inside out, and zig-zagged around the perimeter, catching the gap as I went. Voila! Pretty cleaning cloths!
While I was outside doing the photo session Father was cutting the grass. Between the clothesline and the stick pile he came across this little item in the grass:
I had no idea what it was, but I knew exactly what I would use it for:
That, of course, meant that I had to make some slight adjustments to my cloths:
I sewed bits of rickrack or seam binding (I’m not doing any more work than I have to) across one corner of each cloth, trying to make it sort-of match. I mostly succeeded.
Now, just to hang them up…