Alternative to storm-chasing tours: “Gentle Showers Tours: Our goal is to find a rain shower, carefully get in front of it, and set up an umbrella. For every shower you intercept successfully we offer a little black rain cloud sticker for your vehicle.”
Sure-fire ways to make it rain:
- Water the plants. Getting bitten by ants and mosquitoes in the process ensures heavier rain.
- Wash the cars. An oldie, but goodie.
- Plan to grill out. Make sure you have no back-up plans.
- Invite multiple kids to a birthday party – more than you can comfortably house indoors.
- Run out to the grocery store without an umbrella. Park at the far edge of the parking lot.
- Have your kids leave the car windows down (or the van door open).
- Announce you are going to cut the grass. This only works if you change into old clothes, get all your equipment out, run out to get more gas and then gas up the mower.
- Order a fragile package, leave town and make sure the screen door to your porch is locked.
- Plan a church picnic.
- Paint the porch furniture, putting everything out on the lawn to dry.