My reading is eclectic. I have a set of shelves for fiction, alphabetical by author. That’s not odd. I also tend to collect antique children’s books. That’s not odd either.
The non-fiction is where it starts looking odd. The general categories:
- Space exploration, history of NASA programs, biographies of astronauts, astronomy
- History (mostly American, some British), natural disasters on land (all historical), myth-dispelling
- Meteorology textbooks, hurricanes, tornadoes, history of forecasting, blizzards, climate
- Sailing, single-handed sailing, historical and modern shipwrecks, experimental voyages, castaways
- Medical and nursing texts, breastfeeding, pediatrics, old first-aid books, old home-nursing books (Red Cross), medical memoirs, histories of various diseases, medical history
- Architecture styles, tours of various houses,
- Travel guides (old and new)
- Sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting, crafting guides
- Humor (Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Edward Gorey, Erma Bombeck, Chas Addams…)
Anyone else have an interest in any of those?