I liked the waistband but if I used it as such the apron would be too long. I cut it out, leaving an edge of plain fabric. I separated it into two parts to use as ties. Then I did some trimming on what was left including cutting the skirt straight up the back. I took the bulky seams out of the sides especially since there were hemmed slits there too. (When I say “took them out” I mean cut them out entirely.) Then I stitched the two halves of the back onto either side of the front. I basted the top of the skirt and pulled to gather it. I saved some of the top of the skirt when I cut it down a bit and used that to make a new waistband. Then there was some hemming and finishing work. I folded the flowery bits I was using as ties in half lengthwise, stitched them down the center then attached them to the waistband. I used some invisible slip-stitching by hand just to make it neater.
|Indiana, sitting out the photo shoot.|